Industrial Barcode Scanning
Barcode scanners are often overlooked as a method for cutting costs and saving time in industrial applications. They are a viable choice for heat treat, pharmaceutical, and manufacturing applications where accuracy is critical and both process efficiencies and costs are highly scrutinized. Since data obtained through barcodes is virtually instantaneous, it allows for immediate logging, marking, employee ID, and batching using the Honeywell line of paperless recorders. The George T. Hall Company team of sales and field techs can assist with product selection and implementation of a barcoding solution to meet your needs and your budget.Honeywell Granit 1911i Imaging Scanner
The Granit 1911i wireless industrial-grade area imaging scanner is designed to withstand the demands of harsh working environments. This unit features a custom built housing that has set the new standard for scanner reliability. It is IP65 rated and built to survive fifty drops to concrete from 6.5 feet at -4 degrees F. As a result, users can expect minimal device downtime and a lower overall cost of ownership.
The Granit 1911i also incorporates Bluetooth Class 1, v2.1 radio technology, allowing for wireless connectivity and unrestricted movement up to 300 feet from the base. The long-lasting lithium-ion battery will power up to 50,000 scans per full charge allowing for maximum uptime. Plus, the Remote MasterMind Scanning Management Software allows all devices to be managed from a single remote location.Honeywell Intermec Barcode Scanner
The Intermec family of handheld scanners addresses the needs of users in virtually every scanning environment. Their line includes the following:
- General Duty Scanners - These devices offer simple, reliable, and affordable scanning for day-to-day operations.
- Pocket Scanners - These rugged, industrial products use Bluetooth wireless to provide high performance for the mobile worker.
- Rugged Scanners - These scanners are designed to withstand temperature variances, drops, dust, and weather in light industrial applications.
Intermec also offers a full line of RFID products including handheld readers, vehicle mount readers, printers and RFID tags and smart labels.Top 3 Benefits of Barcode Scanning
Are you considering adding barcode scanning to your facility?
Wondering if it is worth the investment? Consider these advantages:
Contact the GTH office near you today for more information! Click here to download the June Solution Spotlight.
- Error Reduction - Data entered via UPC or RFI scanners is up to 86% more accurate than manually entered data.
- Inventory Control - Track inventory in real time and set up alerts so reorders are swift and automatic.
- Time Savings - Scanner technology now allows you to capture an accurate scan and move onto a new task in a matter of seconds.